Like most everyone, keeping recipes in order can be tough, especially when most of them are printed from the internet or found in magazines. I have come up with a simple, inexpensive way to keep all my recipes in a neat and organized binder. I have about 200 recipes, with plenty of room to keep my ever-expanding recipe cache growing.
You’ll need the following:
1. 1- 3″, 3-ring binder – the bigger the better
2. Office Depot Sheet Protectors
3. Your Recipes
I like to have all my recipes look somewhat uniform and I refrain from ripping recipes out of magazines. So I always type the recipes into Microsoft Word and print them out. If you can find a picture to go with it, even better.
1. Print out your recipes from the internet, Microsoft Word, etc.
2. Insert two recipes into one clear sheet protectors, back-to-back. (If the recipe is two pages, then only put one recipe in the protective sheet, but back-to-back). The clear sheet protectors help keep the recipes from getting soiled. Any spills that happen on the plastic, are easily cleaned up with a damp paper towel.
3. Organize your recipes into categories, such as Appetizers, Meats, Soups, Desserts, Pizza, Pasta for easy access.
In all this project can be done in a few short hours while watching TV and will only cost you $30 for the binder and 200-sheet protectors. It may cost more or less, depending on how many recipes you have or plan to have.